Dive into the sweet relationship between the nature and the nomad.
Fill your soul with the peaceful energy that comes from masjestic mountains!
One of the notable achievements of the Kyrgyz in history is that they have developed an equestrian nomadic lifestyle suitable for the natural environment they lived in. It is a livelihood form dependent mainly on animal husbandry which demands great labor and skill, physical and mental vigor concerned with looking for new pastures and water for large quantities of animals.
This ancient form of livelihood is still alive today in rural parts of Kyrgyzstan. During summer, nomads move up to high mountains and keep themselves busy breeding cattle, trimming wool, making felt, spinning yarn, sewing quilt and etc.
Living in the nature and being well-aware of its orders, the nomad learns that everything is temporary in this life. Nature and the nomad are connected with intimate ties. We invite you to the arms of the Tien Shan mountains to dive into this sweet relationship between nature and the nomad and fill your soul with the peaceful life energy that comes from masjestic mountains.
In our tour designed for adventurous travellers with good physical condition, who are curious about nomadism and don’t seek ‘standart luxury’ but tackle the real conditions of the environment, we offer
- hiking and horseback riding on Tien Shan mountains;
- demonstration of how colorful traditional Kyrgyz felt rugs are made;
- demonstration of how Kyrgyz yurt is made and set up;
- demonstration of traditional culture (music, games, hunting with eagles, cuisine).
Tour duration: 8 days / 7 nights
Tour itinerary: Bishkek – Tokmok (Burana) – Kochkor – Son Köl – Bökönbaev – Karakol– Cholpon Ata – Bishkek
Best season: June – September
|1||Meeting at the airport early in the morning and transfer to the hotel. Rest till noon. Lunch.
Transfer to the Ala Archa National Park. Hiking up to the waterfall.
Dinner in Bishkek. Overnight at hotel.
|2||Breakfast. Transfer to Kochkor village. En route Burana Minaret visit.
Lunch in the Kochkor village. Demonstration of felt making.
Transfer to Son Köl, the second largest lake in Kyrgyzstan.
Dinner and overnight in yurt.
A day in Son Köl: rest / hiking / horseback tour on the lakeside.
It is a great opportunity to observe the lives of nomads living there, to see how kymyz, nomadic drink from mare’s milk, is prepared, etc.
Overnight in yurt.
|4||Breakfast. Transfer to Bokonbaev. En route, demonstration of yurt set up in Kyzyl Tuu.
Demonstration of hunting with eagle.
Dinner and folklore music performance by local musicians at local yurt camp.
Overnight at local guesthouse.
|5||Breakfast. Transfer to Jeti Oguz. En route, Skazka canyons visit.
Hiking to the Kyzdyn Chachy waterfall (en. Girlish Tears) on Kok Jaiyk pasture.
Transfer to Karakol. Dinner and overnight at hotel.
|6||Breakfast. Dungan Mosque and Holy Trinity Orthodox Church visits.
Transfer to Cholpon Ata. Lunch.
Ruh Ordo and Cholpon Ata Open-Air Petroglyphes Museum visits.
Rest on the beach / swimming. Dinner. Overnight at hotel.
|7||Breakfast. Transfer to Bishkek.
Lunch in Bishkek.
Short city tour: Ala Too Square and surrounding area.
Goodbye dinner at Kyrgyz restaurant.
Transfer to hotel.
|8||Transfer to the airport.|
PLEASE, BRING: warm, wind- and water-proof clothes, comfortable outdoor shoes, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat.
|Group size (people)||2||3-4||5-6||more than 7|
The price includes:
- Twin-room accommodation at hotels and guesthouses
- Accommodation in groups of 3 or 4 people at yurt camp
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners during the stay
- All transfers according to the program
- All museum entrance tickets according to the program
- All cultural activities according to the program
- Guide-interpreter service
The price does not include:
- International air ticket cost
- Personal expenditures (health insurance, medical expenditures, purchase of gifts, etc.)
- Price is calculated based on twin-room accommodation at hotels and guesthouses. In case of single-room accommodation a surcharge of 100 USD/person is applied.
- The program of the tour can be changed upon the guest’s preferences.