Tired of hustle and bustle? Get the inexhaustible energy of Central Tien Shan Mountains!
Want to escape from daily hustle and bustle to a place where no one will bother? Come and join us on our tour to Naryn, where you will truly feel the inexhaustible energy of nature.
Located in the central part of Kyrgyzstan, the Naryn region is surrounded by majestic Central Tien Shan Mountains which have been considered as ‘gateway to heaven’ among the Kyrgyz. The region can truly be called the center of pastoral tourism as it hosts the largest concentration of summer pastures and itis where the majority of the country’s population is engaged in cattle breeding. Each year in summer, peasants move to pastures with their cattle and families setting up yurts high up in the mountains to make their living.
This tour will allow you to
- see how Kyrgyz nomads live,
- take a ride on a horseback,
- look at the stars on the shores of an alpine lake Son Köl (the 2nd largest after Issyk-Kul),
- enjoy the fantastic view of Köl Suu, an exceptionally remote alpine lake hidden within Kakshaal Too range close to the Chinese border,
- visit the medieval caravanserai of Tash Rabat which is located on one of the main arteries of the Silk Road.
Tour duration: 8 days / 7 nights
Tour itinerary: Bishkek – Tokmok (Burana) – Kochkor – Naryn – Tash Rabat – Köl Suu – Naryn – Son Köl – Bishkek
Best season: June – September
|1||Meeting at the airport early in the morning and transfer to the hotel. Short city tour: Osh Bazaar, lunch and Ala Too Square and surrounding area.
Dinner and overnight at hotel.
|2||Breakfast. Transfer to Naryn (340 km). En route Burana Minaret visit. Lunch in the Kochkor village. Demonstration of felt making. Dinner in Naryn and overnight at hotel.|
|3||Breakfast. Transfer to Tash Rabat Caravanserai. Tour of the caravanserai. Lunch. Hiking, horseback riding, rest. Overnight in yurt.|
|4||Breakfast. Transfer to Köl Suu Lake. Boating / photographing. Lunch (picnic). Transfer to Naryn. Dinner. Overnight at hotel.|
|5||Breakfast. Transfer to Son Köl Lake (140 km) via Moldo Ashuu Pass (3900 m). Promenade and time for taking photo. Dinner and overnight in yurt.|
|6||Breakfast. Enjoy a day with a local family and see how Kyrgyz nomads live in pastures, how kymyz, useful drink, is prepared. Overnight in yurt.|
|7||Breakfast. Transfer to Bishkek (320 km). Souvenir shopping in Bishkek. Goodbye dinner.|
|8||Transfer to the airport.|
PLEASE, BRING: warm, wind- and water-proof clothes, comfortable outdoor shoes, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat.
|Group size (people)||2||3-4||5-6||more than 7|
The price includes:
- Twin-room accommodation at hotels and guesthouses
- Accommodation in groups of 3 or 4 people at yurt camp
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners during the stay
- All transfers according to the program
- All museum entrance tickets according to the program
- All cultural activities according to the program
- Guide-interpreter service
The price does not include:
- International airfare
- Personal expenditures (health insurance, medical expenditures, purchase of gifts, etc.)
- Price is calculated based on twin-room accommodation at hotels and guesthouses. In case of single-room accommodation at hotels a surcharge of 100 USD/person is applied.
- The program of the tour can be changed upon the guest’s preferences.